For the second year in a row, Monica and I decided to plan date nights for each other. We switched the months this time, so January was my turn. Originally, I planned a fun filled morning of sledding/tubing, coffee or hot chocolate. However, Kansas City has no snow, and Monica and I got sick with the flu, so I improvised. My mom took the kids for us so we could relax and reduce their exposure. On Saturday afternoon, we were feeling a bit better, so we got matinee tickets to American Sniper, and decided to take advantage of Restaurant Week, a Kansas City tradition where area restaurants put together a special menu at an affordable price. We went to 801 Chop House, a really nice steak restaurant, one we normally wouldn't be able to afford, but with the special menu, we were able to sample a squash bisque, filet mignon, bone-in pork chop, creme brûlée. All was worth it, and wore us out, so we were back in bed by 8pm, after pounding Tamiflu and NyQuil.
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
So, somehow our little girl is now five years old. This gorgeous girl loves to pose for pictures, so we were able to get some great shots. I can't believe we are on the downward slide for daycare with her, very soon we will be attending kindergarten round ups, getting her ready for school. She is definitely her own person, she loves to do puzzles, watch scooby doo, playing with Legos, doing crafts(her fine motor skills are pretty amazing, I will say Un biased), playing with her babies, while wearing her cape and nerf gun in its holster and sword on her back. We love this smart, adorable, sensitive, sassy, amazing girl, and I can't wait to see what the next 5 years brings her.
Thursday, January 1, 2015
We found a cute little questionnaire to ask kids on New Years so we tried it out with Annika.
1. How old are you? 4
2. What makes you happy? Grandma Jan's house
3. What is your favorite animal? Horse
4. What is your favorite thing to eat? Chicken McNuggets
5. What is your least favorite thing to eat? Burritos
6. What is your favorite thing to do? Play in the snow
7. What is your favorite TV show? Scooby Doo
8. What are you really good at? Coloring in the lines
9. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
10. What is your favorite color? Blue and Red
11. What is your favorite song? The theme song to Scooby Doo
12. Who is your best friend? Semidebersky (one of Derek's swimmers)
13. What do you and your mom do together? Snuggle
14. What do you and your dad do together? Wrestle
15. What is your favorite sport? Baseball
16. Where is your favorite place to go? McDonalds
17. What is your favorite book? Doc McStuffins
18. What do you want to be when you grow up? Anna (from Frozen)
I'm surprised at a few of these answers, like her favorite animal and movie. But I'm not surprised at others, like chicken mcnuggets and grandmas house. This girl is so much fun and we are so lucky to be her parents. I can't wait to see what the new year brings for her.