Saturday, October 13, 2012

Big Sister

We wanted Annika to have a chance to meet Asher with just Derek and myself in the room.  Derek went and got her and brought her in the room while the nurse was checking Asher's vitals.  Annika was a little scared that I was in the hospital bed and didn't want much to do with me at first.  She also didn't want to get too close to Asher, but she did want to look at him.  Derek held her for awhile so she could see him and watch him with the nurse.  Then we gave her the presents we had for her and that really broke the ice!  She climbed up on the bed with me and opened her presents and then she was ready to give Asher the presents she bought him.  She picked out a super soft stuffed sheep and she made him a pumpkin and she really wanted to give them to him.  Once she did all of that, she was ready to hold him.  Seeing my two children together was one of the best moments of my life.  It was so sweet and Annika was so loving towards her little brother.  We made sure to get pictures of her being so nice to him so we could remind her later that she really does like him!  It was really a nice time for us and I am so glad we had that time together.  But, as quickly as she became interested in him, she was done and ready to play with her stickers and toy we got her.  Over all the introduction went better than I thought it would and couldn't be happier.


















No comments: