Thursday, January 7, 2010

What else?!?!?

For those of you who don't know yet, last weekend was a bit of a hectic mess for us. On Friday afternoon, Monica and I had a great day, relaxing and having a good time. We came home, ate dinner, then got ready to relax with a movie or some Super Mario Wii (which we just bought).
Monica, being 39 weeks pregnant and having superficial thrombosis in both legs, needed help taking her boots off. Being the great husband I am, I helped her out and knelt to pull them off of her poor swollen feet. Unfortunately, our very dear, but very needy dogs always feel the need to be close to anything new on the floor, which was me, and started bumping into us. Monica lost her balance, and went down on the hardwood floors, hitting her elbow first.
The baby is fine, she started kicking just a little later, and we called the doctor who seemed to agree that she would be fine. I was hoping it was just a bad bang/bruise, but after a couple of hours of not feeling better, I decided to take her to the ER. They were very nice, but wanted to X-ray it, but since it wasn't our regular doctor and we didn't feel comfortable until talking with our regular doctor, so they put it in a sling and we headed home for a long night of pain and discomfort.
Naturally, Saturday I hosted a big invite, so I was gone most of the day, but my mom came over and took care of her, ending up taking her to our regular doctor and long story just a bit shorter, it turned out that she has a fracture on the radial head.
Will make delivery interesting. And when I say interesting, I mean suck more than it was already going to.

No comments: